Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Ginger-- Farewell Sweet One

This is Ginger. She was one of our foster dogs five years ago. She came to us through a shelter. She had a serious mouth/jaw injury. Her mouth always had a little droop in it, but it gave her a sweet look that just made you want to hug her.
She was adopted and given a wonderful home for five years. This month, Ginger passed away from congestive heart failure. Her mom wrote, "She had been a trooper through it all... all of the vet visits and medications and she battled it for as long as she could, but unfortunately her heart just couldn't keep up anymore. It is very hard for me right now because now that she is no longer with me something is missing and the house just isn't the same without her. But I know she is no longer in pain so that brings some comfort." We know how hard it is to lose a beloved pet-- our hearts go out to Melanie.

We would like to offer our condolences to Melanie on the loss of her beloved Ginger. She was very special and will be greatly missed by her family.

6 comments:

Pekiegirl said...

I always feel bad for anyone who loses a pet, especially if it was a peke. Ginger looks like she was a sweet dog, and I'm sure she will be sadly missed.

lady jicky said...

What a sweet peke Ginger was and she was what we call "a battler" she battled against alot of things but kept going and that shows true Aussie spirit - even if she was not a Aussie - she was one tough shelia with her jaw injury and congestive heart .
Thinking of Melanie and her family.

Jeanne said...

I love the photo of Ginger on her back. Made me smile. I'm sure she made her family smile many times too. I'm sorry for their loss.

Karin said...

My heart goes out to Melanie ~ Ginger's droopy lip is so endearing. My 11 yr. old pom started the heart meds several months ago, but I'm told they won't help him forever.

Mary Elizabeth said...

So sorry to Ginger's family for her loss. What a beautiful baby... I'm sure she brought them much joy.

claudine hellmuth said...

so sad about Ginger! What a sweet peke. I know she will be missed.

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES