Thursday, May 21, 2020

RESCUE ANNIVERSARY

 Today is my oldest grandchild’s birthday.   She is 17!!  
 It was on her birthday that I received my first rescue call.
Would I foster?
If I had known how long I’d still be doing rescue, would I have said yes?
I had my precious Scooterbug at the time.
So many have come through our home since then.
Many holidays have been spent with foster dogs in our home.
Scooterbug and Cranberry were the ones who saw so many.  
Okay, some haven’t been pekes! 🤣
Callie and Piper for example.
But, I hope our home has been a lucky place for them.
Some come for awhile and some come to stay.
Some come for care and are then adopted.
Starlight came and stayed.  There was no way she was leaving.  Lexie fought IMHA.  She was a tiny warrior.
I know exactly how long I’ve done rescue because this joyful face shares her birthday. ❤️
So, HAPPY BIRTHDAY and HAPPY RESCUE ANNIVERSARY.  ❤️❤️

1 comment:

LadyJicky said...

Happy Birthday to your grand daughter and happy rescue to you !

Oh that photo of Starlight ... she was the most beautiful Pekingese.

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES