Monday, May 10, 2010

JEANNE-MOST VALUABLE PEKE PERSON 2010

Remember Oscar? He was adopted and Jeanne is his doggy Godmother! He sent her the picture below with a note:
Happy Mother's Day to the best Godmother ever! :-) Hope you have a relaxing day. Love, Oscar

Every year, we nominate one person who has done a superb job in rescue. Last year, it was Melanie, here on the left with her foster Peke, Lilly Faith. Foster mom Britney is on the right with her Peke, Brody.
Melanie loves helping dogs-- all dogs. She also has her own rescue group that she has just begun: Mutts Matter. You can see her site at: Click here: Mutts Matter Rescue - Home
This year, Jeanne won the award-- and it was well deserved! She is greeting Chris here at the picnic-- we do a lot of hugging.
Here is Jeanne with one of her adoptive families. We love to see our former foster dogs at the picnic. It's a blessing to see how well they are doing and how much they are loved. It's hard to let them go, but when we do, we can help another, and our foster goes to a permanent home where they can live out their lives. We are a "respite place" for them-- a place to heal, emotionally and physically. But, once we've done our job, they are ready for a new home.
Jeanne has fostered many dogs in the year and a half she has been with us. Here are some of them. Cooper, Chester, Betty, Tony, DiDi, Kenny, Betsy, Perry (Ginger), Daisy Duke, Duchess, Amy, Cindy, Campbell, Bernie. And she is about to foster a little one I am getting from a shelter on Monday-- Pepper.
In addition to this, she has done our web site, with Larry's help, and also helps me with Petfinder and Adoptapet listings. Jeanne is a master gardener also. You can view some of her garden here: Click here: YouTube - Garden Tour May 2010 I don't know how she does it all! (Above, she is with Louise, our president and founder of PVPC.)
Jeanne had no idea she was getting this award-- but I knew!! I was so excited! So was Jeanne. :-)
We are good friends, and I had to give her a hug. I love my friends in rescue. Jeanne and I talk several times a day-- we just don't live near each other. My car knows the way to Richmond though.
THANK YOU JEANNE FOR ALL YOU'VE DONE THIS YEAR. IT IS BEEN MY BLESSING TO BE YOUR FRIEND. CONGRATULATIONS!

5 comments:

Mary Elizabeth said...

Jeanne is aaaa mmmmmaaaazzzz iiiinnnnngggggg. :-) Camden loves her and he says to tell her to come visit us.

lady jicky said...

Thank goodness for people like Jeanne!
You do a mighty job and it must be so hard some days.

RescuegirlinVA said...

Awww. What a nice post. Congrads Jeanne. Well deserved. I love you all my rescue friends and family.

Unknown said...

This woman amazes me! She happily took me on my first rescue adventure, was patient with me through my endless questions and rejoiced with me when I added my first Peke to my family. Her heart is huge, her manner welcoming and her knowledge abundant. We appreciate her for her dedication, her kindness and her ability to work miracles. Certainly deserving of the Most-Valuable Peke Person award. Thanks Jeanne, for all you do. :-)

Jeanne said...

Thank you Mary Elizabeth.....we may come visit someday. We are preparing our garden for the two garden tours this month....busy busy.......Give Mr.Camden a hug for me please....

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES