Wednesday, December 20, 2023

OUR HOME AT CHRISTMAS.

Our hone changes at Christmas.   Christmas trees, pillows,blankets, decorations.   But, these two pictures are always in my Christmas heart.   Starlight was so beautiful.  
All these sweet ones are gone, but oh the love they shared and the memories they left us with.  Max, Kai Kai, Floyd, Starlight and Chumley.  
Our home takes on a lot of red.   It's happy and cheerful.
We have signs hung on doors and walls.  We don't do much on the outside.  We have Christmas candles in the windows, and greenery hanging on the porch swing.   There are Christmas flags, and wreaths on the doors.  
When my girls were in preschool, they made clay manger pieces.  We ended up with two baby Jesus'.  It comes out every Christmas.
Some things are decorated the same, and some change a little each year.
My manger scene is about 50 years old.  Sweet memories of when we got it.   
Snowmen come out, inside, not outside.
My grape ivy plant is over 50 years old.   It came from California, to Florida, to Virginia back to Florida, and back to Virginia.   It's been divided, it "died and came back to life" so we call it Lazarus.  :-)   It's gets red ornaments on it to make it more festive.   
Cinnamon and Stella managed to get under the tress.   The small fence was open, and Stella made herself at home.
Cinnamon is so sweet.  She has decided she should join the boys on the ottoman.  At first, she just got on the first step.  And then she joined them.   Paddington isn't threatened by her.   Good boy, Paddington!
Melinda in Australia sent me a metal koala and it fits into the tree branches.   Notice the little koalas near by.   
She also gave me a Koala caffeinated towel.    I hung it near the tree koalas for now.  :-)
My daughter made an angel tree topper when she was in elementary school.  It tops our tree every year.
So many memories are hung on the tree.   This ornament is from 1972.  Wow.  
I have so many special ornaments.   Like Starlight.
And Sissy.  
This came from Israel.
And so many handmade ornaments from school crafting.
Family ornaments.
I have a whole set of religious symbols that a friend made many years ago.  
Charlie sent me this one of his dogs.  
The board members gave me this one.   haha
A helicopter-- my husband was a Navy helicopter pilot.
Another fun helicopter with Santa.
My Cranberry Muffin-- loved so much.
My daughter in preschool.
A reminder...
Noah's ark--a reminder of a promise.
Children of my children.
Nala and BeeBee....
Another of Sissy, who left us this year.
Chumley-- who loved his dumbbell toys.
Kenobi was only with me a short time.   He was so precious-- but he was at the end of his life when I got him.   Oh, he was a great boy.  

Zoey Pom Pom-- one of my heart fosters.  
Chumley again-- with his girl who loved him so much.
So many memories... Max...
Chumley...
Christmas  for me is a time to remember so many blessings.   I am grateful.   
 

1 comment:

LadyJicky said...

Oh Linda.... I do think Starlight was the most beautiful Peke.
I have decorations on my tree that are over 68 years!
I was at my daughters home yesterday and she has two trees..... my granddaughter turned 13 - where did that time go? lol
Had a big party with all her girlfriends from school! Tons of energy!!! lol
You tree is beautiful and I do hope you have some eucalyptus leaves for those Koalas! lol

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES