Saturday, December 30, 2023

STELLA FEY-- LAST ADOPTION OF 2023

STELLA FEY
Stella Fey came into rescue the end of November.  Her owner went into hospice and she wanted her little girl to be safe. 
She came to my home-- with the intention that I would move her to another foster.   But, she needed quick medical care and my vet fit her in fast.  
I got Cinnamon Cookie shortly after and I would find them together often.  It's funny, because they didn't play together, they didn't do anything.  They just were close a lot.
Stella had a dental within 5 days of coming to us.   Her mouth was bad-- she only had 6 teeth, but lost them all.    I know that felt better once she healed.   
She had Christmas with us and she was very interested in neighborhood Christmas decorations. 
I have a ramp in front of the couch.  No one ever used it until Cinnamon-- and then Paddington realized he could use it and so did Stella.   I found them on the couch regularly.  
We went to the vet to have a recheck and she got a clean bill of health. 
She loved to eat.  After two weeks of soft food, she decided she loved dry food the best.   I use a really good brand here for mine and my foster dogs.   Stella approved!
Stella loves belly rubs and cuddling.   
She snuck up behind me and tried to convince me that she should share my soup.
I didn't usually let her in the food area because she can be food possessive.  But, she snuck in and waited patiently with the rest.   What a good girl.   She did eat in the office.   She doesn't like company when she eats.   Someone might steal her food.  LOL
Stella met a couple who have adopted from us before.   They really liked her.   And they came yesterday to adopt her.  
I'm so excited for her!   I wonder if Cinnamon will wonder where she is, but I think Stella is going to be very excited to have her own family.   Rescue means helping them heal, and then letting them go.   Do we get attached?  Oh yes.  But, letting them go to loving homes is exciting, especially knowing I'll get updates from her new mom and dad.   She will begin 2024 with her very own family.   We love you Stella Fey!  💗


1 comment:

LadyJicky said...

I am so happy for Stella - not only a new family but her mouth must feel so much better and I bet that is the reason for her hunger for food - now it does not hurt to eat!

Bravo to your Rescue Linda , Bravo Vets , Bravo the New Family for adopting her and Bravo to Stella herself!

Happy New Year to them all ! XXX

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES