Thursday, December 7, 2023

SWEET NAN-- FAREWELL

Nan (Nana) was adopted from a shelter in 2018.  Her owner adored her.
Things can happen and instead of taking her to a shelter, she asked us for help.
Her mom and dad were able to get her in their Christmas photo this year.  
Amee offered to foster her.  She loves the older ones.  
It didn't take long for Nan  to become a permanent member of the family.
She slept on the bed with the other girls. 
She cuddled on the couch with her mom.
Nan had been cared for when we took her into rescue.  
Nan even wrote me an email in February.  (Pekes are so smart!)  Here is it:
"Hello Ms Linda,

My mom said I get to live here FOREVER❤❤❤

I am so excited. I know we didn't get to meet first but momma shows me all of your blogs and all of the special babies that you help. 

I am so glad that you asked Momma to take care of me. 

I was so confused when my other parents decided to surrender me but my new Momma picked me up and took me shopping. I got new Christmas sweaters and she took me to the vet and got something to help with my itching and my upset tummy

I have my own bed and Momma tucks me in every night. I get treats and I am a very good girl. I love belly rubs and most of all I love Momma

Thank you Ms Linda.  I hope I get to meet you one day.

Love Nana"
I did get to meet Nan.   She was so precious.   💗
Nan was about 11-13 when Amee got her.   
In June, Nan was diagnosed with leukemia.   The glands in her neck and behind her patellas were swollen.   Her mom did all she could to help Nan, and she loved her and kept her comfortable.
Nan fought to stay with her mom.   She rested and was determined.
A few weeks ago, Nan let her mom know she had fought as much as she could.  Her mom knew it, too.  But, it's not easy to make that final decision.  Nan was part of Amee's heart.  
Run free, sweet Nan.  Some of your friends met you when you got to the Rainbow Bridge.  Your mom will remember you with joy and love.  💜
 

1 comment:

LadyJicky said...

What a beautiful girl she was and I am sending my love to Nan's family for she will be so missed.
Love from the Aussies XXX

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES